THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Soup Week

I've decided it's Soup Week at the Connelly house. Here's my reasoning for this soup fest:

1. I am really really tired of cooking. Jess was home on holiday for almost an entire week and while it was great to have him around I felt like every three hours he was looking at me with longing eyes waiting for me to cook a meal.

2. Soup is cheap.

3. Soup is warm and D.C is destined to be frigid all week.

4. My favorite cooking website is featuring soup this week.

5. Soup is easy. Throw it in the pot and let it simmer. If you feel extra motivated toast some bread to go with it.

6. I don't feel like chewing my food.

7. My house is in a post holiday chaotic mess.

8. My kid tried to eat the dog food again today.

I figured I would cook the usual types of soup but I would love to have a new soup recipe. Does anyone have a soup they are absolutely in love with? Could you send me the recipe? I hope you're warm and cozy at your house this week and I hope you're eating some delicious soup.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Jill said...

We have been eating soup these last few days also.

Southwest Chicken Chili Soup
1C onion (sauted)
1 can great northern beans
1 can ranch style beans
1 can rotel
1 can (12.5 or 13 oz)cooked chicken
1 can chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano

Bring to a boil and simmer 20 min. (It's a little spicy, so lessen the chili powder if you want).

 
At January 5, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Thanks Jill! This sounds really yummy - perfect for soup week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home