THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, January 1, 2010

On the Road Again

First I ran a marathon. It was magical. It was triumphant and the next morning I could hardly walk. A week later I tried to run again but instead limped. I decided I needed a break. I would take a month off to recover. This month quickly turned into two. DC then became the Arctic and my resolve to exercise quickly diminished. Instead I decided to hibernate and count the extra pounds I gained as insulation for the winter.

This week I glanced myself in a full length mirror. My chocolate covered diet had not been kind to my waistline. I decided to come out of hibernation a few months early. I went to Target and bought a running cap and some gloves. I laced up my jogging shoes, charged my IPOD and drove to the flattest running trail I could find. It was frigid and my IPOD immediately quit working but the exercise felt so good.

I'm definitely not in race shape anymore. It will take a while to get there. I dread the winter jogging season. I hate dodging patches of ice and wearing layers but I find running therapeutic to my overactive brain. So, I'm on the road again. Happy 2010! I hope 2010 brings you some happy running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home