THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Finish Line

I am sitting in my underwear blogging. I think that is definitely considered an "over-share." Jess has the day off and he took JAC to Target. They are buying my Christmas present and I am basking.

It is too cold to bask in the sun so I'm basking in my basement giving thanks to God. We have survived! Today JAC is one year old and I feel like I have accomplished the most significant task of my life. I feel like the Rocky theme song should be playing while I run around with my arms in the air.

This year has been horrible, wonderful and crazy. A good number of my friends are working on kid number two and I'm just working on catching my breath. Tonight we will eat cake and sing. JAC will open presents and I will be thankful for one thing most of all. I am thankful that JAC will not remember this year or the next. I am sure that is a gift from God, so novice moms like myself have the chance to get the hang of things before they scar their children for life.

While I catch my breath and reflect I have this nagging feeling in the back of my brain. I know what it is. It is that quiet reminder that this is far from the finish line but instead the first mile marker of a marathon. Three cheers for completing the first year. May the next be even better.

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Yes, lots of cheers for all of you - on the 20th! You are a great mom; keep up the good work and hug your birthday boy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home