THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, January 17, 2011

On a Snow Day

On a snow day we play with play dough all afternoon.  I've learned that play dough is the savior of sanity shoved into a plastic yellow cup.  I break out our play dough gear and we have hours of instant entertainment. 

I've learned that boys and girls play differently with play dough.  While I carefully attempt to mold pots JAC and Jess take turns smashing the dough with their bare feet.  They also relish combining play dough colors to create new colors.  Most of our play dough is now a homogeneous gray glob.  I've also learned that play dough should be replaced often.  Every bit of lent and fuzz sticks to the stuff.  It becomes pretty disgusting pretty fast. 

After we play with play dough for 2 hours I let JAC take a long bath.  The bath is almost like a babysitter.  He plays happily, splashing the water and I sit just outside the splash zone in the hall.  Sometimes I stare at the wall and sometimes I attempt to read a book.  Either way, it means I don't have to think.  What are your snow day plans?







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home