THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mundane

This blog has gotten really boring lately.  The truth is our lives have settled into a mundane post holiday routine and there isn't much to report.  Here are just a few thoughts about our normal every day life.

We reviewed our family's New Year's Resolutions.  Every year we all get on a conference call, list our resolutions and review our progress on the previous year's resolutions.  I accomplished exactly 0 of my resolutions from last year but just to spite my older brother I outdid him on a few of his.  To be fair, I don't think anyone informed him it was a competition.  JAC was the most successful at achieving his goals but I feel he set the bar a little low.  JAC's resolutions included "master walking," and "learn four new words."

JAC and I have had an awesome day.  First we had a play date at our local gym.  There were about 100 screaming kids racing around the gym playing with toys.  JAC was a little overwhelmed.  I felt bad for my little guy.  He is such a typical only child and didn't realize that if you set a toy down it is free game for other children to take.  He panicked and started bringing me a collection of toys in hopes I would hide them from the other children.

I think the real reason today was awesome was because we spent three hours in the frigid outdoors.  I hate being cold and I hate wearing ten layers.  When I make the effort to get us both out in the cold I am reminded that it is good for me to do things I hate.  I ran for about an hour and JAC fell asleep in the stroller.  I wanted him to sleep and walked another mile to our local bread shop.  JAC slept happily in the stroller while I enjoyed a salad and a hot cup of coffee.  I was relishing a quiet adult meal.  Out of nowhere, JAC awoke from a dead sleep, sat straight up and shouted, "BOO!"  It caught me off guard but I laughed.  It is just like my exuberant, happy kid to awake with such enthusiasm.  He then demanded a bite of my salad.  He always wants a bite of my food.

We walked a mile back to our car and counted squirrels and dogs along the trail.  We watched soccer players practice and grew completely chilled but we were both completely happy.  I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday too!

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Bless this wonderful day!! May there be many many more. Salad and coffee huh?? Not a combination I would desire but it is low fat! :) I love your adventures. Hug that boy for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home