THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bah Humbug!

My kid is sleeping late.  I think he about to have a growth spurt again because he has been eating massive quantities of food.  He reminds me of an alligator.  He'll spent weeks casually picking at his food or refusing to eat all together and then eat a few gigantic meals for a solid week.

It is really cold here.  Yesterday the wind blew a gale and JAC and I hunkered in trying to stay warm.  I also think the house seems really small during the winter.  The cold forces us inside and the walls begin to close in.  I think this is why the day after Christmas I demanded the Christmas tree had to go.  It was a beautiful tree but the Christmas clutter was driving me bonkers!  The tree seemed to take over half of our living room.  Christmas cards seemed to me sitting on every ledge.  I just couldn't breathe.  While the neighbors have Christmas lights and decor displayed our tree is lying abandoned on the curb.

Jess really wanted to watch football but I begged for his help and he obliged. JAC was almost gleeful about the project.  He had been dying to touch the ornaments all season and he finally had his chance.  He also loves putting things in and out of boxes so most of the time he was a great help.

I bought JAC a basketball for Christmas.  The whole family has played basketball in the house after dinner ever night since Christmas.  I know the landlord would likely cringe at the idea but we have had a blast dribbling, passing, catching and occasionally tackling.  It seems much more fun than watching TV.  I hope everyone is staying warm.

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Jill H said...

We didn't even put out tree up. So far, I have no regrets. Especially since it's now about the time to take it down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home