THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Status of Things




I finally took JAC for his Two-year checkup. JAC is a near Christmas baby. The doctor only sees sick children near Christmas so JAC always gets his yearly checkup in the middle of January.

I am proud to report JAC was absolutely charming at the doctor. She even noted in his chart that "JAC has lots of personality." I could not be more proud. JAC remained tough through his shots and blood work. I rewarded his good behavior with some candy and of course JAC was thrilled.

JAC weighed in at almost 30 pounds and was a little over 36 inches tall. This means that JAC was in the 90th percentile for height. It will be interesting to see if he remains taller than average since both his parents are average in almost every way.

I took JAC to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) today. JAC stayed and played with 10 other toddlers while I got to know some other Christian Moms. JAC's teacher reported that JAC seemed a bit overwhelmed by so many other children. I expected this. The more time I spend with JAC the more I suspect that he might be an introvert. Both Jess and I are classified as introverts. I don't mind if JAC is a little shy but my heart feels for him because life can be tough on introverts. Truthfully, life is likely tough for everyone and hopefully JAC will always feel like he has a safe place to fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home