THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Potty Training - The Ultimate Test of Endurance

I am potty training a two year old.  We purchased the training pants and the frog-shaped potty.  We have read the potty book multiple times and I thought we were ready.  What I didn't realize is that potty training take a lot of time and patience. In our house it also requires Skittles.  The entire endeavor leaves me feeling a bit exhausted.

After a week of potty training we are at about a 60% success rate and I'm determined to soldier on.  I'm trying to look on the bright side.  Here is a very short list of Potty Training Pluses.

1. A 60% success rate means 40% less diapers purchased.
2. My bathroom is really clean.  I spend so much time sitting in there waiting on JAC that I notice ever speck of dirt and scrub my bathroom daily.
3. I read to JAC twelve times a day.  I was frankly already a little tired of our books.   Now I read to JAC while he sits on his potty and can practically recite the words with my eyes closed.  We buying new books on payday.
4. Skittles.  Sometimes I eat a few too.

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

My kids know just to hand over the red ones. I eat all the red ones. It's a mommy rule. Soldier on, soldier!! Success is in sight - it may be so teeny weeny eensie beensie - but it is in sight!! Here comes the day that you grab your boy, $10, and your chapstick and head out the door. No more baby bags! Yahoo for growing up. sniff sniff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home