THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Last


In our house Christmas ended on the Dec. 26th.  I tore down the tree and we moved on.  In D.C Christmas lasts until Jan. 2 and all of the best Christmas attractions are open until that date.  We had two bits of unfinished Christmas business and I finished the last bit today.  I wanted to go see the Christmas lights at the Mormon Temple and I wanted to see the train display at the Botanical Gardens.

Last night we drove to the Mormon Temple to see the Christmas lights.  The Mormon Temple is impressive.  It reminds me of the Emerald City on the Wizard of Oz.  I have always wanted to go inside but the temple is "dedicated" and you have to be a good Mormon to enter.  Part of me has considered converting to see the inside of the temple...actually not.  Even though we couldn't go inside the grounds hosted a spectacular display of lights.  JAC loved it and ran around shouting "Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiights!" and "Whoooah!"




Today JAC and I met our friends Valerie and Blake and went to the train exhibit at the National Botanical Gardens.  It was awesome!  The gardens were beautiful and all of the structures were made of plant materials.  JAC loves trains and was thrilled with the exhibit.  We had lunch at the National Museum of the American Indian.  The cafe has Indian Tacos and they remind me of New Mexico.  You can't go wrong with an Indian Taco.  The kids ate chicken nuggets and fries and I chatted with my good friend.  Valerie is always down to earth and a blast to hang out with.  All in all it was a great day.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home