THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

History

While my mom rested, JAC and I would head to the park.  We would go for an hour long run and finish off the outing by playing on the playground.  The playground is impressively big and adjacent to the playground is the largest walled in prairie dog farm that I have ever seen.  JAC could stand on the wall of the prairie dog farm for hours watching the rodents burrow and call to each other.  He was furious that I would not let him climb inside, chase a prairie dog down and pet it.  As a consolation prize I bought him a picture book featuring prairie dogs.


West Texas is flat which means the running trail circling the park is flat. It was a nice break to our hilly Virginia trails. Unhindered by steep inclines JAC and I could run both faster and farther.  I felt like a running superstar.

I posted pictures from our park outings on Facebook and my older brother immediately recognized the park.  It is the same park where we used to play while my mom went running.  Running is a ribbon that connects our family history.  Apparently running parks have a place in that history too.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home