THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Night Off

I was at the end of my rope.  I can't say why exactly but I was really tired.  I felt like I was completely falling apart so when my good friends Becca and Kevin offered to take JAC for the night I jumped at the chance.  JAC had never spent the night away from family but I trusted Becca and Kevin.  JAC always loves them and they're really good with him.

I handed JAC off at three in the afternoon and almost immediately felt relieved but also a bit lonely. I called my mom and asked her what to do. She said, "Embrace the being alone." That is exactly what I did.

I read my favorite magazines without a kid begging for attention. I went to the fabric store and looked at every twice. I went to Target and looked at clothes and jewelry. I called my good friend Jenn and went out for Margaritas and chips.

My friend Jenn is a treat because she has an amazing repertoire of adult conversations. She knows a little bit about everything.  We talked about politics, religion, science and relationships. It helped me feel smart again.

I went to bed really early and it was fantastic. I slept in until 8:30 and for the first time in a month I woke up and didn't feel tired. I went on a run and didn't push the stroller.


When I finally picked up JAC after lunch he was tired and happy. He went to sleep only minutes after leaving the parking lot. I wasn't tired anymore. I well-rested and really thankful for my good friends.

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 6:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally blushing. A shout-out on my favorite blog! Thanks sweet friend! I had a blast too - maybe we should do that more often!
- jenn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home