THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

On the Run

The temperatures are slowly dropping here in D.C. which means it is excellent running weather.  During the summer JAC and I typically run on the same  trail every day.  The trail is near our house so we can get started first thing in the morning before the oppressive heat takes over.  During the fall we can wait a little longer before hitting the trail and drive farther to try out new trails.  I'll write more about our favorite local trails in another post but today I wanted to mention a website I've found.  You can go to this  website and track your usual running route but also see routes charted by other runners.  This could really come in handy if you're new to the area or looking for something to spice up your daily running routine.  My favorite thing about this site is that it charts the elevation of your run route.   I love this feature because just about every day half way through my run I ask myself, "Is this route really uphill both ways?"  Its nice to see the truth charted out. www.walkjogrun.net

To keep things interesting for the non-runners I've decided to include a few weird tidbits from my day. First, this morning I re-used my coffee cup from yesterday. I had to spit out my coffee because apparently there was a dead fly in the cup. I nearly swallowed it. This incident totally ruined my morning coffee.

Second, Today JAC and I went to the International Book Festival. I collected my stashed spending money and promised JAC I would buy him a new book. It turns out there were no books at the festival. Instead there were authors reading books and hoards of people listening. Neither JAC nor I were into it so we trekked home instead.

Third, a few weeks ago we met a very nice stay-at-home dad and his son at the park. I thought we might see them again one day at the park. Today I was driving home from the book festival and saw the dad walking down the road. He was wearing a dress. I looked twice just to make sure. If we see them again at the park things could be awkward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home