THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tired in Texas

JAC and I just returned from the drive-in movie. JAC kept me tied up in a never-ending wrestling match but it was fun to get out of the house. We watched the Legend of Seeker and while the movie was good it was bittersweet to be at the drive-in without Jess. Jess and I have been going to the drive-in together since we were dating.

This morning my brother and sister accompanied us to the ACU Homecoming Parade. The parade was the quality free entertainment. The fraternities and sororities created floats and dance routines. The sororities and tried too hard and the fraternities didn't try at all. Athletes trudged along the parade route pretending to be too cool for the event and the band led marched out front. JAC loved the fire truck but my favorite part was the goat. There was a painted goat being pushed along the parade route in a shopping cart.

JAC has mostly kept busy playing in my parents' back yard with their various animals. My parents have dogs, cats and kittens. JAC spends hours chasing them. I am so thankful that he enjoys being outside because containing JAC inside my mom's house is akin harnessing a bucking bull. My mom has decorated with many bird and ball shaped objects. In the eyes of a child they are all intended to be toys.

Mom is slowly recovering. It is remarkable that your entire hip joint can be replaced and only a few weeks later you can walk around the house a bit. The physical therapist even helped mom get outside to enjoy the fresh air. While mom is on the mend her recovery is not fast enough for her. She balks at our efforts to be of assistance. She has always been fiercely independent and new hip hasn't changed that.  The surgeon promised that she would be as good as new in a few months.  I expect her to be out running again by Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home