THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Melodramatic

Of course my last post was a bit melodramatic.  My mom made it through her surgery and all went as planned.  She is now resting and will start rehabilitation tomorrow.  I guess I was more worried about mom than I was willing to admit and as I waited for news this morning my worry manifested itself in a peculiar way.  I just started cleaning.  This wasn't normal cleaning.  This was insane cleaning.  I moved furniture to reach dirt long deposited there.  I scrubbed my bathroom and then re-scrubbed it with bleach because it didn't seem quite white enough.  I folded and put away 5 loads of laundry.  I cleaned the carpets.

My whole house smells of bleach and Pinesol.  I think that is suiting since my mom has always been a very fastidious housekeeper. Meanwhile, as I scrubbed JAC ran around like a wild hooligan. He got a bloody nose after taking and acrobatic tumble off the arm of my couch. This only delayed him minutes and then he moved on to leap off another piece of furniture. He even managed to escape his highchair and jump onto the kitchen table. I am beginning to believe the makers of baby products should employ my son as a safety tester because he has never met a safety harness he couldn't outsmart.

There is a line in one of my favorite movies, Legends of the Fall. The narrator is telling about the wild youngest son named Tristan. He says, "We never thought Tristan would live to be an old man but we were wrong. He did. It was the people who loved him most who died young."

I think JAC's wild antics will drive me to an early grave.

Jess is flying home today. I can't wait to hug his neck. He managed to reach me on skype early this morning. He knew I would be worrying about mom and wanted to check in on me. Instantly started crying. It was just so nice to see the one person on earth I love being vulnerable with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home