THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Adventure






Today we went to the National Arboretum and it exceeded my every expectation.  I wish we would have checked this place out sooner because it was worth the trip.  First, the National Arboretum had free and abundant parking.  That is akin to discovering a unicorn in D.C.  Secondly, the National Arboretum is huge.  When I checked out the website I thought the Arboretum would be a quick stop with a few sad plants.  Instead the Arboretum features multiple gardens including a Bonsai garden and has acres of green space and trails.  We stayed for over two hours and I left wishing I could stay another four hours.

JAC's favorite part of the National Arboretum was the gigantic Koi pond. I found the huge fish a pit creepy but JAC was fascinated. My favorite part was the Capital Columns. These columns were once part of the Capital building but were removed when the building was expanded. They now make an interesting landscaping feature and a great place to take pictures.

JAC is getting to be so much fun. Every day it feels more like having a little buddy around. He trotted along the garden trails and seemed just as thrilled as I was. On the way home we turned the radio up really loud and pretended we were rock stars. It made the dead-stopped traffic feel less painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home