THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why

On Thursday three high school boys from our youth group came to do yard work. They were raising money for their senior trip and I had saved some chores for the occasion.

I couldn't help but find it entertaining. Two of them tried unsuccessfully to start my weed eater. When it wouldn't work they suggested we watch a YouTube video to learn how to start it. I watched a few and couldn't start it either. Finally we gave up and they started mowing and weeding. One kid asked me how to use a hoe. I secretly rolled my eyes a bit. They asked me if they could use our chainsaw and I agreed only because I knew we would never get it started either.

What they lacked in knowledge they made up for in enthusiasm and humor. A couple of hours later they opened the door and yelled for me. They told me they had found a snake in my yard! I hate snakes and was immediately alarmed. I ordered them to get rid of it they were completely perplexed that I did not want to keep it. They explained it was harmless and I offered to give them a box to take it home. They loved the idea and launched into a loud unsuccessful effort to capture the snake. Apparently the snake now lives under my front steps - disgusting.

When it started raining they came inside. While I made cookies I could hear them each awkwardly reading a page of The Little Blue Truck to my son. I peaked in and saw my son perched on chair staring at them like they were from mars.

The kids devoured about 2 dozen cookies. When their sponsor showed up to take them home they grabbed handfuls of cookies and sprinted out the door into the rain. I could hear them yelling, "Save the cookies," as they tried to keep the sweets dry.

I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Those guys were awesome and this is why I think high school boys are hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home