THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Books

A few days ago I ran into the book store and got stuck. I swear that place is like a vortex. I wanted to buy JAC two new books but when I walked in I saw books that I loved or could potentially love in every corner. I couldn't help be excited about sharing all those wonderful books with JAC in the future.

I like to read before I go to sleep but I've noticed only certain books are good "going to bed books." The book has to be interesting enough to hold your attention but not so interesting that you stay up for hours unable to put it down.

Recently I've been working my way through a book called Riding the Iron Rooster. It is written by my favorite travel writer and is his account of riding trains throughout China.

When I went to Mongolia we rode the train from Beijing and I feel in love with train travel. I think I could live on a train and be happy for most of my life. This week it has been so hot here in D.C that every inch of me has been tempted to jump on the train with JAC and head north to a cooler climate. This autumn I plan to take the train to Vermont and watch the changing leaves the whole way. Some day before I die I will take the train from Russia to China. But, until that day I'll just read about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home