THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Again

We picked Jess up from the airport yesterday afternoon. I love airports. I always meet the most interesting people. I always leave feeling like a photographer because I learn only short snapshots about random people's lives. Have I ever told you that I once met a Grammy winner on an airplane?

We were so excited to see Jess that we arrived 20 minutes early. In my rush I had forgotten to calculate the duration of time spent in customs. There were 18 plane loads of people all at customs so we waited an extra hour. JAC passed the time lying on the airport floor and conning grapes from a sweet grandmother.

Finally Jess came out and I let JAC run past the gate to meet him. The first moments JAC acted completely bewildered. Then, he gave Jess a big hug around the legs and refused to leave him for the next hour.

It was wonderful to have Jess home. Strangely, the moment I hugged him I felt instantly tired. It was as if finally having someone to lean on allowed me to relax. We went to bed early and this morning Jess went to work.

JAC and I have both been in a horrible mood this morning. It seems especially difficult to have Jess so close but not get to hang out with him. I can't wait for the weekend. I want hours of time with my sweet, handsome husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home