THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Salute to the Tired

With Jess gone I'm on my own. I don't mind it until I reach this point. I am utterly exhausted. All I want to do is nap. JAC has spent all afternoon refusing to nap. I can hear him jumping on his bed and I'm praying. My eyes are closing every few seconds. I can't help but think about all those single moms who have no break in sight and are remaining tough.


I like to say, "I'm doing great, until I'm not." We have had a great week and I thought I was holding everything together until I didn't. On Wed I was going to drive to the running trail. Fortunately the road was blocked off and we returned home only a few minutes later. When we pulled into the driveway I looked back and was shocked to see JAC standing in the floorboard playing with his toys. He was very happy. I was a little scared. Apparently in my rush I forgot to buckle him into his car seat. We all survived and I will be more vigilant.


Today I want to give a virtual pat on the back to the single moms. I'll also include the wives of deployed troops. They have to be twice as tired as I feel yet they keep trucking on. Good Job Ladies! Today you're my inspiration.

1 Comments:

At July 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Jill said...

Hang in there! And I agree, I don't know how those single moms do it.

To answer your question... We finally bought a house and we love it! And thank goodness there will be no more moving for a good long while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home