THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Adventure

This morning JAC and I fed the hungry.  Actually we fed 55 hungry teenagers with the help of my great friend Rebeca.  We made a breakfast burrito bar and delivered the food bright and early.  I think the kids liked it and we had a great time serving such an exuberant bunch of eaters.

We scrambled 7 dozen eggs and cooked 6 packages of sausage.   We chopped and sauteed peppers.  We made huge quantities of black beans and pico de gallo.  We provided juice, tortillas and cheese.  I tasted everything and it was delicious.  I definitely couldn't have done it without Rebecca's help. 

Lately I've helped with two all church fellowship meals and of course fed the youth.  I've decided I really enjoy feeding large quantities of people.  Maybe I'll run a soup kitchen some day or have 18 kids.  On second thought...

Tonight I'm taking JAC to the symphony.  I doubt he'll last long but luckily it's free.  My cousin Shanell alerted me to Target's program to bring the arts to families.  The Kennedy Center is participating and I can't wait to take JAC.  Here's the website: http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031764&ref=sr_shorturl_arts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home