THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On the Run!
















I just got back from a very hot and muggy run. Summer in D.C tends to be pretty swampy and summer is definitely here. As I was walking out the door with JAC, Roxy bolted out the back and despite all of my coaxing refused to come back in. She really wanted to go on the run too and against my best judgement I relented. Roxy has been nursing a sprained leg so I decided it would be best to only do my short route. Unfortunately our usual return route was blocked by construction and our short run turned into a longer run. About 4 miles into the run Roxy had had enough. She lay down in the lawn of some grungy apartments and refused to go. I knew this was a bad sign. Most animals are content to try to please you and if they totally refuse to move they are truly tuckered out. I stood there perplexed for a few minutes trying to decide what to do. I did not want to wait in front of the run down apartments for an hour in the sweltering heat while Roxy tried to recover. I tried to come up with a good idea. Roxy couldn't ride in the stroller with JAC - not enough room. The stroller was purchased off of Craig's list and was missing the undercarriage storage compartment so Roxy couldn't ride below and I didn't want to carry a twelve pound dog up hill for a mile. Finally I got and idea. I grabbed Roxy and placed her on top of the canopy. I thought she would balk at the idea but instead she seemed really content perched on top. She kind of held her head high while she panted as if she were royalty being carried through town. So that is how we finished the last leg of our trip. I pushed JAC the whole way home while Roxy perched on top. I know we must of been a spectacle to see. Crazy Dog!

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Next time get a picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home