THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Are You Satisfied

A study was recently released that stated that 40 years after the launch of the feminist movement women are actually less satisfied and more unhappy with their lives. I recognize that in many ways women are asked to carry a much heavier load today than in the past - juggling work, family and other commitments. While we women have gained opportunities in the work place, we have perhaps lost a sense of community and peace overall. I personally feel two factors contribute to this. First, I believe women have very unrealistic expectations about life. I have grown increasingly frustrated with romantic comedies. Women tend to love them but they are full of completely unrealistic scenarios. (If I see another movie where the woman has an affair because she's really meant to be with the other man I'm going to gag!) Another study recently published showed that women who watch these movies are typically less satisfied and more likely to be depressed. I think this is because they quickly begin to believe their lives should be as romantic as the movies.

Secondly I believe that women are more likely to be an island alone rather than a person surrounded by a community of support and family. Women are juggling more demands but are more likely to be single parents, less likely to live near family, and less likely to belong to a community of faith.

I'll finish this post by asking, "Are you satisfied." Today I got to hold little JAC for half an hour. JAC has gotten so active that he won't let me hold him anymore. Instead he tries to flip over or wiggle out in an attempt to learn to crawl. I miss my cuddly baby and can't believe how fast he is growing up. It was a huge treat to be able to hold him and I am thankful for that today. I hope that today you are feeling satisfied with whatever small joy you have in your life and I appreciate you reading my daily rant.

2 Comments:

At June 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I miss cuddling with Jake, too! I often want to go get him out of his bed when he's sleeping during the night just so I can hold him while he sleeps (I don't do it, though). I"m glad you got your thirty minutes!!!

This is an interesting post. Everyone always thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Women may have bitten off more than they can chew!

 
At June 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I totally enjoy your daily rants; thanks for typing. Wish we were neighbors so I could see that wiggly boy of yours. Miss you and send love to you today. Hope you find a cool breeze in FL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home