THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Am I Allowed To Brag?

A few days ago I was telling a friend that when JAC was born I thought he was an especially good looking baby but when I recently reviewed JAC's newborn pictures I realized he was just as funny looking as all the other newborns. She laughed and told me she had had the same experience. I guess this is just another example of the exceptional child phenomenon. Most good parents can't help but believe their child is really exceptional and special.

Yesterday Jess had the day off work and as luck would have it I also needed to take JAC for his four month checkup. Jess came too and I was really glad he did because we had so much fun. We have a great doctor and she was so proud of our JAC and I love people who love my kid. She told us JAC was in the 90% in both weight and length. She also said that she saw a lot of babies and that she thought JAC was extra cute. To add a little icing to the cake she acted very impressed with JAC's skills ( He has mad num-chuck skills - hehe). She said that JAC was developmentally ahead of most six month olds and couldn't believe how coordinated he was or how well he could roll over. She even wrote on his chart "Impressive Development." JAC must have known that he was on display because for emphasis he rolled around on the examining table and then proceeded to tear the paper on the table to shreds. It was so fun to be there with Jess and get to see him be just as proud as I was. Jess and I are both pretty sure that JAC is exceptional. Unfortunately, the visit had to end with JAC receiving two shots. JAC acted indignant. His face turned red and his expression angry and then he let out a squall. I told him to "Be Strong, " and after a few minutes he pulled it back together.

This morning I woke with a deep profound desire to get out of town. I looked a Jess and said we should pack up and go to hiking in the Shenandoah - we could stop and get doughnuts on the way for breakfast. Jess was on board so an hour later Jess, JAC, Roxy and I were in route to the mountains eating doughnuts. It was a beautiful drive and we had a great hike. JAC spent the duration of the hike hanging off the side of the backpack to get a better view. The hike was cut short because we were afraid it might rain but both Jess and I agreed it was awesome to get out of the city and into nature.

When we got home Jess mowed the lawn and JAC and I ran to a Bar - B - Q at my friend Janet's house. We were celebrating her oldest son graduating from college and we spent the evening on the deck eating ribs and talking about current events and issues. Most moms will understand what a treat it was to talk about something other than baby stuff. I felt like I was slowly remembering how to use that part of my brain again.

4 Comments:

At May 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Most days I am certain that I have lost the "adult conversation" portion of my brain! How do I find it?

 
At May 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM , Blogger Shanell said...

JAC is definitely one cool cat. How did you get him to learn to roll over so quickly? Phoenix hates it when I try to put her on her stomach.

I so understand the need for adult conversation. I find myself using baby talk no matter who I'm talking to! It's funny, but annoying.

 
At May 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM , Blogger Shanell said...

P.S.

I hope you had an awesome first Mother's Day!

 
At May 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Yes, Happy Mother's Day! And what a FANTASTIC mom you are! It is a pleasure to be a very small part of your world and get to watch your little man grow up - via computer that is. Can't wait to see pics from the hike. Love and Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home