THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Bad Decision

My good friend convinced me to run the Marine Corps Marathon in October. The idea is a bit daunting because the last marathon I ran I count as the most miserable and painful experience of my life. This marathon is going to be different primarily because I plan to train for a marathon prior to running one. Plus, we're actually running for a good cause. I'm on a charity team and we're raising money for the Yellow Ribbon Fund. If you'd like more information on the charity check out the website at www.yellowribbonfund.org. Our team has 25 runners and we're hoping to raise 25,000 for the cause. So far the farthest I've run is 7.5 miles but I'll keep you posted on my progress and hopefully I'll be ready for the race in October.

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Shanell said...

Yikes! Sounds like you're gonna put a lot of miles on that running stroller! I'm interested in the training process. What do you have to do? Just run a little longer each time you go out? I bet there will be absolutely no evidence that you've recently had a baby by the time you're ready for that race, so think about that and maybe it will convince you that this is a good decision!!! You're awesome for doing this. I'm pretty sure I would die if I had to run 20 something miles, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home