THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, May 25, 2009

First Day of School


Friday was my first day of school and my excitement was almost overwhelming. I spent the night before scurrying around getting things ready and constantly asking Jess for reassurance. I was really worried that I wouldn't be smart enough to hang with the other students. I have almost no background in science and I didn't know quite what to expect. Jess promised me that I would do great and that I would love being out of the house learning new things.

I got to school early and picked a seat in the front of the class so I wouldn't miss anything. As the other students came in I was surprised to see that I was not the oldest "kid" in the class. About half of the class were adult students working to create change in their lives. Some of them were shift workers who were going to school during the day and working at night. Many of them were parents and there was also a handful of international students from all over the world. I really enjoyed the lecture portion and the lab was fun. I've always been fascinated by how the world works and Biology offers some insight into that. The only complaint I have was that introductions took too long and we didn't get to learn enough Biology.

Friday was also a big day for JAC because it was his first day at the babysitter. I was worried but we have a great babysitter from our church. Jess dropped him off at the sitter for me because I didn't have the heart. I shouldn't have worried. When I returned from school around five, Jess and JAC were sitting in the yard as happy as they could be. Jess said JAC loved the sitter and they loved him. Our sitter also watches after her 85 year old aunt and the aunt especially loved JAC and asked if he could come back the next day.

I have a long list of classes to complete before I can apply for physical therapy school but at least I have started on the journey. Luckily, Jess is a big encouragement. He really wants me to reach my dream. I have always loved that about my husband. He truly believes I can do almost anything.

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I am so very happy for and proud of you! You inspire me to stretch my brain beyond runny noses and dirty dishes - thank you. Now we just have to find an outlet for this sudden urge to expand my horizons...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home