THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All Boy




I am writing at three in the morning because despite all the advice in all the parenting books JAC won't sleep through the night. Tonight I tried to just let him, "cry it out" and go back to sleep but he would have none of it. Instead he cried non-stop for an hour and I finally gave in and fed him again. He ate his whole 10oz bottle and then wanted more. While I appreciate his determination and never-ending appetite, I am ready for some uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully this is a sign that he won't be a push over when he gets older.

JAC has started doing something really funny. He rolls over onto his stomach, puts his hands under his mouth and then blows on them to make farting sounds. Both JAC and his dad think it is hilarious. Jess couldn't be prouder. I am definitely feeling like a minority in this fart blowing, Patton watching household.

2 Comments:

At May 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Being a minority in the farting department is a good thing, I'd say!!! What a funny new trick!

I really don't want to seem like a "know-it-all" because I certainly do not know everything, actually I don't know most things! I have heard or read that it takes 3 days to break a habit, such as midnight feedings. When he wakes you can go comfort him and tell him it's still time to sleep and leave. I know you'll probably have to do this over and over all night, but after a few nights his body will be used to not eating and he should stop waking. Those few nights will be miserable I'm sure, but once it's over it will have been well worth it! Hang in there. You're such a good mommy! And remember, no matter what you do he'll survive and adjust and it will all seem like small potatos someday soon.

 
At May 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Quinn said...

Something was missing from my Friday email inbox....do you know what it is???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home