THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Wake Up Call

I have a lot of catching up to do. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and I can't stand missing it so JAC and I have been spending most of our time outside. I think we both even have a bit of a tan.

While Jess was out of town I felt like I could hardly sleep. I was constantly tossing and turning, and wondering if every bump in the night was an intruder. I did a lot of praying in the middle of the night. I prayed for Jess and JAC's safety and I prayed for peace of mind. One morning I woke up with a start to the strangest sound. It was almost a mournful cry. I immediately started searching for the source of the sound and eventually decided it was outside my front door. I slowly opened the front door to discover an Oriole perched on my front step. It refused to move but instead stood on the step calling his mournful cry. I even opened the door a crack and threw out some bird seed but he was not distracted in the least. I closed the door, got a cup of coffee and spent the morning watching the little bird who had chosen to guard my house. Some how I couldn't help but feel that this was a small form of reassurance from God who heard my prayers, and knows my love of birds.

A few days ago I had my alarm set on my phone but awoke early. I left the phone buried under the covers and Roxy sleeping on the bed and went downstairs to check my email. About ten minutes later I heard a horrible sound. It was the sound of a creature in complete anguish. Thinking something was terribly wrong with JAC, I raced upstairs only to find Roxy making the sound. My alarm was going off and apparently she wasn't fond of the sound or perhaps she just wasn't ready to wake up. I turned off the phone and she stopped howling, and promptly went back to sleep!

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

That is probably the sound I would LOVE to make when I hear an alarm in the mornings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home