THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chow







In the last month I have started feeding JAC some solid food. The pediatrician gave us permission to start him on solids a bit early because he's such a big kid and she hoped it would help him sleep through the night. JAC has very strong opinions on which foods he likes and typically expresses his displeasure by spitting food back at me. Here's a list of what I've tried and JAC's reactions:

1. Applesauce: JAC thought it was pretty good.
2. Spinach: JAC hated it and spewed it everywhere.
3. Peas: JAC tolerated it but refused to eat more than 3 bites.
4. Spaghetti Sauce: JAC utterly hated it, covered his eyes, turned his head and spit it everywhere.
5. Carrots: Currently the all time favorite. JAC even tries to suck the left overs off of his bib.

Next week I plan to try sweet potatoes, bananas and avocados. I kind of approach this like a science experiment. It is fun to see JAC's reactions. It will be interesting to see his preferences change as he get older. Hopefully he'll grow to like more than just carrots.

4 Comments:

At June 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Jake liked peas much better the second time. I'm just curious, how come you never post pictures? I want to see that silly boy! (If you think I'm a bad parent for exploiting my baby on the internet, I can take it.)

 
At June 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Jill said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie! I knew he would be, but this cute I couldn't have imagined! And Toni, you've got a messy eater on your hands! HA!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Quinn said...

So, can we expect a variety of different names/themes for the blog???

 
At June 15, 2009 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hum...Quinn, I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out. I'm glad you're home. I always miss you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home