THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Good Ending - to a Bad Day

Today Roxy jumped on my friend's two year old and I really thought she might bite him. I grabbed her just in time, threw her on her back and yelled at her. I was shocked and really upset. I have begun to notice that Roxy doesn't like kids. This is upsetting for two reasons. First I would never want a child to get hurt and secondly if Roxy can't improve her behavior she will have to go live with my mom in Texas. I got Roxy while Jess was deployed and she really filled my life with happiness. I am feeling really dismayed that it has gotten to this point. I was so upset I called Jess and picked him up for lunch. He gave me a pep talk and we both committed to a very strict doggy discipline program to help Roxy understand her place in the pack.

Roxy's bad behavior only added to my already bad mood. JAC has started waking up every two hours during the night again and I'm exhausted. I came home and knew I needed to do something to improve my mood so I decided to mow the lawn. From the outset this might not sound like fun but I find it very therapeutic to competently accomplish a task when I spend all day having no idea what to do with my screaming kid. Plus, I really didn't want Jess to have to mow the lawn on the weekend because he has been working really long hours.

Jess came home at eight and I know he had to be tired but he had stopped and gotten me a chocolate bar and a really sweet card. He also loaded up JAC in his back pack and took JAC and Roxy for a long walk. It was so nice to have 30 quiet minutes to crash on the couch and read my Newsweek. It made me really grateful for my husband who despite being exhausted himself realized that I had reached my limit. I can't help but admire him for that.

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Maybe a million people have told or asked you this, so sorry if you're sick of it, but have you read Babywise? I have read some of it, and I'm not a 100% loyal follower of it, but it has helped me in some areas. Around the 4-5 month age it is normal for a good sleeper to start waking during the night, it usually happens when they are at a milestone age, like about to crawl. It should only last for about a week or two. It says go in, comfort him, tell him it's still time to sleep, and leave the room. Wait however long you can and go repeat. But if he's ok, don't get him up and mess up the whole routine you've established and worked so hard for. Of course in your case it may be the teething. I don't have much advice on that, but I really do strongly believe that you should keep things as normal and routine as possible. Maybe you already do all that, I'm just offering what works for me. I'm pretty stubborn on sleeping during sleeping time!

You're lucky to have such a sweet hubby, by the way!

 
At May 2, 2009 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hey Big Mama!!
Praise God for wonderful husbands! I am so glad Jess took care of you on your bad day and that you let him give you a half hour break from the WonderBoy. Hang in there! Don't be discouraged! Being a mama is like building a cathedral: lots of days of seeming like you are accomplishing nothing and then one day in 30 years you'll say "Wow, by the grace of God, I made that". Know that I love you, and you are not alone! You are doing a great job with JAC; he is a treasure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home