THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Be Careful Who You Sleep With

This post is not about the DC AIDS/ HIV statistics, though I continue to find them upsetting. (If you didn't know, it was recently released that DC has and AIDS/ HIV infection rate that matches that of West Africa.) This post is about sleep walking. When Jess married me he got a big surprise. I am a crazy person to sleep with. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night screaming from bad dreams - most of the time they are about snakes but once I even dreamed about sheep in my closet. I have also been known to walk in my sleep, rearrange pictures on the wall, unlock doors and go outside and participate in imaginary fist fights. Last night I dreamed that the baby was sleeping in our bed between us. I didn't want him in the bed so I picked him up and carried him to his crib. I was just about to put our sleeping baby in the crib when I woke up and realized that I was about to put our dog Roxy in the crib! I had thought she was the baby! It must have scared Roxy a bit too because she has seemed more content to sleep on her doggy bed on the floor lately. Jess never woke up through the whole thing. I think he is getting used to my craziness and I think that is good since he can expect to put up with it for a very long time.

4 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Jill said...

HA! Laughing OUT LOUD!

 
At April 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Jill said...

About napping...Jake eats at about 7:30 in the morning and then goes back down and naps for about 2 more hours. He naps in the afternoon around 2:00 for about 2 1/2 hours. I think schedules are really good for you and your baby. 10 and 2 sound like good napping times to me. I also read that a lot of times babies wake up ealier than they should during naps (which is true for us because he usually wakes after like 45 min)and you have to make them continue the nap. A nap should be at least 1.5 hours. So when he wakes up after 30 or 45 min I let him cry a while and sometimes he'll just go back to sleep, or I'll have to go in and put the pacifier in and he will usually sleep for another good hour. It was really hard for me to learn how to do that. Naps were a struggle for me. If they wake up crying rather than oohing and talking, it usually means they're still sleepy.

 
At May 2, 2009 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Ok... I just thought you were posting as Facebook notes this whole time! : ) I didn't realize you had this site as the main site....

 
At May 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

And who would have had more fun in the night: JAC or Roxy???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home