THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, April 27, 2009

He Must Be Butter....

Because he's on a roll! JAC has really caught onto the rolling thing. While he was in Texas he learned how to roll in both direction and now nothing is stopping him. Every time I put him in his crib I come back to find him in a new spot. Today I put him down for a nap and he got really angry. I went to check on him and he looked at me, gave out a battle cry and then rolled away from me onto his face. I rolled him back on his back only for him to repeat the same thing six times before falling asleep.

I was intrigued by JAC's rolling abilities so after his nap I decided to test his capabilities. I put a soft blanket on the ground to prevent rug burn and then put him on his back with his favorite toys just out of reach. He would roll over until he could reach them. It took some effort but he got the job done and I thought it was hilarious. JAC also practiced his low crawl. He hasn't quite figured out how to do it but as a former Army member I applaud the effort.

I keep hoping that my blog will attract more mom readers but it has been a slow process especially since I don't really know but two other mom's of young children. Lately I've been needing some advice and I'm hoping some moms on the world wide web might have ideas. I keep needing to do some quick "dash in and out" type errands. Before JAC got so heavy I would just carry him in his car seat for quick trips to the dry cleaner, drug store etc. Now that JAC is bigger I have to take him out of his car seat, put him in a stroller, or baby sling, or backpack, execute the errand and then load him back in the car seat. The whole process seems to take forever and my quick errand becomes an hour long trip. I keep thinking there has to be a better way to do this. Does anyone have any good ideas?

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Jill said...

um, not really. I still carry Jake into places in the carseat and just struggle through it because he and I both hate getting him in and out of it. sorry.

 
At May 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Nope, that's it until he is walking - not to be discouraging or anything.... :) I love your blog and am so glad that I just found it! Oh, and once babies start rolling over you needent worry about him sleeping on his tummy; if he rolls onto it in his sleep - let him sleep! Maybe he'll be more comfy and sleep for a longer period for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home