THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Race is On....

I'm mostly sure I set the record for gaining the most weight while pregnant by gaining almost 60 pounds. The day I went into the hospital to have JAC I weighed over 180 lbs. I blame the Carmel Machiatto. While I was pregnant my coffee posse at work went to get our daily cup of joe and I frequently ordered a decaffeinated Carmel Machiatto. Soon the ladies at the coffee shop started remembering my order and they would see me coming and have it ready before I reached the counter. There was no turning back. After I had JAC I looked it up on the Internet and found that a Carmel Machiatto has 500 calories. I was basically drinking an extra meal every day and some days I even had two!

I have been in a long quest to loose the post baby weight and get back into my skinny jeans. It is slow progress and I currently weigh 145 (ouch!). To super-charge my motivation Jess and I are having a contest to see who can loose 5 pounds before my brother's Miami beach wedding on 4 June. The non-stop rain here in D.C is zapping my motivation and I hate to loose a good competition so I'm posting this on my blog in hope that blog readers will cheer me on. I'll keep posting my progress and now I need to get out the door for a run.

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Believe me, I know the feeling! I know you can do it!

 
At May 12, 2009 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I am thinking skinny thoughts for you --- go go go! You have conquered way larger things than 5 measly pounds! .... there aren't I a good cheerleader??.... yeah, right...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home