THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, February 2, 2009

An Upside Down Affair

Its been an exciting couple of days for JAC. Yesterday he watched his first Super Bowl and was devastated when the Cardinals lost and on Saturday he went jogging with mom and dad in his new running stroller. I'm pretty sure he loved jogging but its hard to tell since he slept through the whole four miles covered with sweatshirts Jess and I had shed. JAC also went to church for the first time on Sunday and as we suspected was mobbed by church members who had been anxiously awaiting JAC's arrival at church. JAC managed to stay quiet for most of the service and I'm mostly sure that he's already decided that he's loves Jesus too though he did become mysteriously stinky towards the end of service.

After church the weather was so nice that Jess and I decided to eat lunch outside. JAC came too and Jess was holding him while I sat and ate and out of the corner of my eye I saw something strange but my brain didn't fully register what it was. I looked again and realized it was exactly what I thought it was. Jess had just licked JAC on the head. Shocked, I asked Jess what he was doing and he replied, "JAC had licked him first and he was just licking him back." I thought that was pretty funny and JAC has recently started licking everything - sticking his tongue out like a lizard. I believe he is trying to taste the world.

JAC has finally begun to see and it has already started to form his personality. He insists that I hold him facing out so he can watch the world. He has also figured out when I'm not around and I can't leave the room anymore without him noticing and staging a protest. I'm going to have to get sneakier of start carrying JAC with me everywhere.

I fed JAC at 6 this morning, put him back in his car seat to sleep and then stumbled back to bed exhausted. About half an hour later JAC began to cry and Jess volunteered to go check on him. To his surprise Jess found JAC upside down with his feet in the air and his head facing towards the ground. Apparently after I had put him down he had kicked and turned so much that he caused the car seat to turn directions. Jess said that when he picked him up JAC had a look of deep gratitude as if he had been rescued from extreme peril. We both thought it was pretty funny but also an indicator that it might be time for JAC to sleep in his crib again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home