THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Frigid Surprise

A frigid cold has settled in the D.C area. Our high today was 12 degrees and the wind made it even colder. Jac and I had a busy day planned. First Jac had to go to the doctor and then we were going to meet our friend Sara for lunch. The morning was chaotic as I rushed around trying to get us both ready and feeling frustrated that Jac wouldn't stop crying and Map quest wouldn't recognize the location of the doctor's office. With a little prayer and a phone call to get directions we managed to make it on time. I was relieved and pleasantly surprised that we didn't have to wait over an hour to see the doctor ( a typical wait time for doctors in D.C). While the doctor was examining Jac and I was intently listening to his detailed diagnosis the doctor looked over and said, "Whoa, watch out, he's peeing!" Jac had his diaper off and the result was a flood of pee across the examine table and all over his clothes and blankets. Ug! The doctor said, "I could tell he was a sneaky one," and somehow I think he's right. As Jac is showing more and more personality I am sensing sneaky tendencies. For instance he'll wait to take a huge poo until you're in the middle of changing his diaper and then kind of make this funny laughing sound about it. Part of me is secretly hoping he's a bit sneaky. I've never liked boring kids and I have always loved sneaky undertakings myself. It would be fun to have a cohort in crime.

The nicest thing happened today. Jess called at 2:00 o' clock and said he was coming home. He had already worked his 40 hours for the week and wanted to come home early and hang out with me. It was awesome. We took a nap together and cuddled and discussed all of the office gossip. I loved it and strangely the result was a much happier household. Jac has been pretty quiet all night and I have felt so much happier. Jess has been so tired due to drill weekend that he's been pretty out of it all week. It was so nice to just have my friend back. We've been chasing each other around the house and laughing all night.

Tonight I called my Dad just to chat. I've been posting pictures of Jac every week and this week I sent them to my dad too. Usually he just has to wait for my mom to show them to him but this year after watching Jess with Jac I've resolved to get to know my dad better. The pictures of Jac gave us something to talk about and they spurred the conversation in other directions too. Before my mom left our house after visiting for two weeks she said, "The world is a much better place because Jac is in it." At the time I felt the comment was just a grandmother being sweet but I am quickly realizing she is right. Jac has spurred me to be nicer to Jess' parents. Jac has encouraged me to have lunch with new friends and helped affirm how much my old friends really love me. Jac has provided bunches of hilarious pictures to share with my family and prompted me to talk to my family more. Jac has helped me understand how absolutely crazy I am about my husband and Jac has helped me realize that I could be a better person than I thought I could be. Jac will be a month old in just a few days and already my life has changed so much for the better. I can't help but smile when I think of what other great things he'll bring us in the future.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM , Blogger mom said...

Very nice. This post will come in handy on those days when Baby Jac becomes Baby Waa Waa Jac. (-;

Maybe taking off his diaper will assist him on those days when the poo poo is piled up, which I hear is a common problem these days.

Love you,
Mom/Nani

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home