THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Exhaustion Followed by Exhaustion

Jac is upstairs hanging out with his dad and when I say hanging out I really mean screaming for no apparent reason. He seems to have a meltdown at night which leaves me a little depressed the later it gets because I know I'll have to deal with him all night. Jess is a really great dad and is spending the evening holding Jac which is a huge relief.

Today Jac and I had a really good day. We tried out the new baby sling and he seemed to like it. He made a strange "purring" noise while I carried him around doing chores all day. I feel like the baby sling might be an object created by peace-loving hippies but I'm willing to join the ranks of hippies if it keeps Jac quiet. My mom tried reassuring me that the sling wasn't weird. She said, "your brother just got back from Rwanda and all the babies were carried in slings and were never crying." Interesting. Jess even wore the sling for an hour tonight but has threatened severe repercussions if I ever take a picture of him wearing it.

I have also decided Jac would prefer his mom stay fat. I have been testing this theory for over a week. Every time I go to jump on the elliptical in an effort to work off some of this baby weight Jac starts screaming. He could be dead asleep but he senses I'm about to work out and voices his lack of approval. As a highlight this week -I now officially fit into 2 pairs of pants that I wore pre-baby. If I keep this up I might be able to wear my swimsuit by summer - Jac willing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home