THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Roxy's Quest

Jac is a little over three weeks old and already has a rival in our house. Our miniature Schnauzer Roxy ruled the roost until Jac showed up and she has begun her quest to solidify her place in the pack and help Jac remember where he belongs. She has become solely focused on stealing Jac's pacifier. I'm not sure if Roxy wants it because Jac love it so much or just because it smells funny but she is steadfast in her resolve. A couple of nights ago Jac was having a terrible night and therefore I was up all night. I was trying to hold Jac and make him more food and it wasn't going well. Jac was screaming and at the pinnacle of my frustration large objects came crashing off the table awakening Jess and further irritating Jac. As a last resort I realized Jac might be happy if he had his pacifier and I went in search of it only to find Roxy with it in her mouth! ug! I couldn't believe it! So I did what all good moms do at 0300 in the morning when the baby is screaming. I took the pacifier away from the dog - sanitized it - and gave it back to Jac. For a few moments there was peace and quiet in the house again.

This weekend Jess had drill in PA and I was on my own all weekend with Jac. Of course Jac was horrible and screamed for 10 hours straight. Neither of us got any sleep and I ended up with a migraine. If it wasn't for two great friends from the church stopping by and giving me a break for a couple of hours I'm not sure if my sanity would still be intact. To help Jac calm down I let him sleep on my chest on the couch and of course Roxy was sure she needed to sleep with us too. Well, while we were sleeping Roxy saw her chance and stole Jac's pacifier once again. This time I was sure it was long gone and feared the worst. Roxy loves taking all of her toys out into the yard and in my state of exhaustion Roxy could have escaped with it. Jess even put Roxy outside hoping she would retrieve the pacifier and bring it in - though I felt that it might be crossing some kind of parenting line to sanitize it after it had been outside. This morning I moved the ottoman so I could set my coffee down and there was the pacifier! Roxy often hides toys under the ottoman. I felt it was a miracle and of course sanitized it and gave it back to Jac. Jac was happy to have it back and and I am sure Roxy will continue her quest on another day.

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger mom said...

Hey there, Sweetie,
How fun that you're blogging! Do you suppose that Jac may want to see it some day? I still maintain, as BOTH Roxy and Jac's Nani that Roxi deserves a paci of her own. A bigger and better paci, of course-- just in case she is still laboring under the dillusion that she is still "top dog". (-;

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home