THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, February 16, 2009

And the Winner Is.....

I am basking in a post Valentines Day glow. Jess and I didn't get to celebrate together last year so this year was extra special. Jess started the day off by taking care of JAC and letting me sleep in which is always a huge gift. We woke up, ate breakfast and then went on a running date near the Potomac River. It was a brisk, beautiful day and it was so much fun to run with Jess. Jess and I often ran together when we were dating and we really missed it while I was pregnant. It is so nice to be able to do it again. I am finally getting in good enough shape that it doesn't hurt the whole time and we finished off with a 3 mile walk. I just enjoyed talking to my best friend as we walked.

Next we went and bought new running shoes. My feet grew half a size while I was pregnant and the result has been huge blisters from my old running shoes. When we got home I cooked a steak dinner and chocolate covered strawberries. Jess gave me a really sweet card. (He had ordered me flowers but they never showed up -darn.) Finally JAC went to bed and then it was time for my surprise to Jess.

I have married the most romantic man on earth and unfortunately it is largely wasted on me. I can be so practical that I don't appreciate romance. For instance one of my favorite gifts to receive is new running socks. You can never have enough socks. This year I decided to make an effort and I think I won the romance contest. I covered our whole downstairs bathroom with tea lights and filled our claw-footed tub with bubble bath. Then I tricked Jess into coming downstairs to see it. He was so excited. He loved it and we have decided to make it a more regular thing. Best of all he admitted that I had outdone him this year. Awesome! I love winning even if I do have several years of Jess out romancing me to make up for.

The best thing about Valentines Day was JAC. He was happy all day, making cute sounds while he looked at his toys and staring at the sky while we ran. Best of all he slept for five ours straight Saturday night! It was great. I woke up feeling like a real human being instead of my usual groggy self. I was hoping for a repeat performance tonight but wasn't that lucky. JAC was once again back on a schedule of waking up every three hours but I'll be happy for the sleep I got on Sat and look forward to sleep filled nights in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home