THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

My mom once told me, "Tanned fat looks better than white fat.  If you can't lose the weight just work on your tan."  My mom is so smart!  The weather is lovely today and I'll  be working on my tan.

Yesterday was Easter.  I had big plans to think deep thoughts about Jesus during church.  Right before the first prayer I was trying to focus.  I wanted to remember the meaning of Easter.  I closed my eyes deep in thought and at that very moment my son seized the opportunity and gave me a double fisted groping.  It was completely unexpected and absolutely shocking.  After being groped I couldn't think about Jesus.  JAC topped the groping off with a mad scramble under the pew and an escape attempt.  I had had enough!  I didn't care if it was Easter.  That boy was getting a spanking!

I dragged him out by an elbow and a ankle.  In the lobby I bent down to give him a swat but in my haste I pulled my right quad muscle.  It hurt so much!  JAC received a quick swat followed by a series of threats and we all finished Easter service sitting quietly in a pew.

I miss my family ever day but especially on the holidays.  We live too far away to celebrate with family and that isn't going to change any time soon.  Luckily we have enjoyed many holidays with sweet friends and also created some of our own family traditions.  I enjoy celebrating holidays with friends for several reasons but at the top of the list might be the food.  Everyone chips in and the holiday becomes a potluck.  I love trying all of the different dishes. 

Did you enjoy the holiday with friends or family?  Have you created any family traditions of your own?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home