THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What I Love About Monday

Monday felt almost like Summer.  There was a hot wind blowing.  I've never been a fan of the biting winds characteristic to Spring but the hot winds of Summer feel like freedom.  JAC and I have started to attend a preschool group on Mondays.  A group of moms came together, realized they couldn't afford preschool and agreed to each take turns teaching once a week.  JAC loves preschool group and I am beginning to wonder if some of his bad behavior was due to extreme boredom.  Frankly my behavior takes a drastic nose dive when I'm bored.  Before you know it I'm shooting bottle rockets at the neighbors or trying to build my own potato gun. 

We just joined preschool group but it has been a nice surprise and a great reminder.  Sometimes women get a really bad rap and sometimes we deserve it.  Sometimes we're catty and petty but guys fart, burp and grunt.  A group of women can create something really awesome when they come together.

On the way home we stopped for a really long run and played in the river by the park.  We waded in up to our calves and threw rocks in the water.  We came home in the late afternoon, walked the dog and stopped by our neighborhood park.  The best thing about Monday was JAC.  He was his charming self again.  I appreciate the prayers and words of support.  They helped me through a rough few days. 

Jess is staying late at work all week.  He made it home for a very late dinner of orange - pork - cashew stir fry.  This is the best stir fry I have every made.  I'll have to post the recipe.  In the meantime what did you love about your Monday?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home