THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Adventure - and the Thoughts of a Frustrated Mom

I'm including a picture of my son pitching a fit during our Friday Adventure.  I feel it represents the day as a whole.  Truthfully I was pretty sure I was standing at the threshold of a bad day when it started with a call to the Poison Control Center.

Today we went to the National Inventors Hall of Fame Museum.  The Patent Office operates this museum and it is both small and free.  Free is my favorite number. 

My friend Becca joined us and JAC was overjoyed to see her.  Becca is his favorite person on earth.  Becca has been on many adventures with us and we both without consulting with each other only paid for one hour of parking.  We are experienced adventurers and knew JAC has an exceptionally low tolerance for museums.

After the museum we headed to the Torpedo Factory.  This building is located on the Potomac River and was once a real torpedo factory.  Now it houses three stories of local artist studios and is one of my favorite places to visit.  On the weekend many of the artists work in their studios and you can watch them create.

The highlight of the adventure might have been the realization that I am not going insane quite yet.  Our car has a funny quirk.  You must push the "unlock" button twice to unlock the passenger doors.  We have owned this vehicle for a few years and I am in the habit of jumping out and hitting the "unlock" button an extra time before attempting to open JAC's door.  Lately when I reach JAC's door on the other side of the vehicle the door is locked.  I found this ultimately frustrating but also puzzling.  I thought I had either lost my mind and forgotten to unlock the door or perhaps the locks were sticking.  This quandary has been in the back of my mind for several months and today as I struggled to find change for the meter I solved the riddle.  I glanced up and saw JAC through his window.  He was using his little barefoot to kick the lock, securing the door and locking me out!  That little buzzard!






1 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Finally am catching up on your blog... what a smart boy you have! Today, he is locking locks, in a few years he may cure cancer!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home