THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, April 4, 2011

What I Love About Sundays!

I am married to a hero!  He is at least a hero in my mind.  After church, the weather was finally good.  We were all pumped up on good singing and homemade ice cream.  There was only one proper thing to do.  We went on a family run and it was absolutely awesome.  Jess is my favorite running partner in the world but he has been out of commission all winter.  He has been studying full time for a big engineering exam.

Half a mile up the running trail was parked a shiny Cadillac with its lights on.  Motor vehicles are not allowed on the trail so something had obviously gone very wrong.  When we reached the car we found a terrified little old lady at the wheel.  She had mistaken the trail for a road and was afraid to navigate the narrow trail and return to the real road.  It was a new Cadillac and she feared she might drive it into a ditch. The obvious question is, "Should you be driving if you mistake a trail for a road?"  We'll investigate this at another time.

While other bikers and joggers whizzed by and we obviously annoyed Jess stopped.  A few people tried to give the old lady directions but she took one look at Jess' reassuring face, put the car in park and handed over the keys.  Jess expertly drove the Caddy  back to the road and returned the keys.  The lady seemed instantly relieved and the Caddy was still intact.  She drove away and we kept running.

That is what I love about Sunday.  My husband is always the first to offer to help.  He has a warm gracious face and people take one look at him and know they're in good hands.  He restores my faith in humanity.

What else do I love about Sundays?  I toasted Jess on that run.  He didn't stand a chance.  This is the season of the year when I'm in better shape than Jess and I love it.  I also like to rub it in a bit.  We spent the rest of the afternoon playing at the park in the sun and it was lovely.




1 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I love how you write about you happy days -- and your sexy man! Yoo Hoo!! You sure know how to pick 'em. ;) Praise God for our Godly men, and how proud we are to share in this life with them. Wasn't God so good to us when he created man, and then created us women so that we could watch His work? Love you guys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home