THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All Things Ordinary and Mundane

Yesterday marked the beginning of Passover.  For some reason Passover has been on my mind for almost a month.  While most Christians don't celebrate passover it commemorates one of the most significant events of the Old Testament and is symbolically replicated throughout the Bible. I have also thought a good bit about how the most sacred Holidays consistently have special foods tied to the celebration.  Food should simply provide nourishment but consistently provides more - acting as a catalyst for fellowship and remembrance.

On a lighter note, I am running the snack room at Vacation Bible School this week.  You can call me "Snack Natzi."  I make the kids try a healthy snack before I give in and hand out the cupcakes.  I am not eating any cupcakes because I am on a crash diet.  I'm taking JAC to South Beach (Miami) next week and refuse the be the pudgy girl on the beach.  I don't want anyone accidentally calling in a beached whale sighting. I am so ready for South Beach! 

I've been running early in the morning lately.  I love the quiet solitude that belongs to the early hours.  Every day I have seen some unexpected creature along the trail in the gray morning light.  Today a bunny followed me, hopping in parallel.

Congratulations to my brother Quinn!  On Sunday he finished his first marathon in a very impressive three hours and thirty minutes!  I can't wait to see him in Miami and congratulate him in person.

Is your week ordinary or a bit more impressive?  I would love to hear what you are thinking.

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2011 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I don't think anything about this post was ordinary or mundane. My week is actually ordinary and mundane - Praise be to our God. Good, simple days now and I am thankful. No marathons, no running at all actually, no beach vacations, but I do join you in thoughts of our Savior this week. Love you, hugs to your boys too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home