THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Day After

What do you do the day after you announce you're moving to Kathmandu?  I did three loads of laundry and all of the Monday housecleaning that I had procrastinated on until Wednesday.  That is the crazy thing about life.  It is a quilting of very ordinary days linked to a few extraordinary days.

One really cool thing happened this morning.  Late last night my sister made a whole power point presentation with fun cool facts about Kathmandu and sent it to me.  This morning when I opened it I choked up a bit.  My sister is great at celebrating joyful things with you.  I think people with this talent are extra special.  Do you have this talent?  Who celebrates with you?

In the wake of the Kathmandu announcement I have more questions than answers so I did what every good dork does in this situation.  I jumped on Amazon and purchased books on the subject.  I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Today I was thinking about Kathmandu and made a quick list of pros and cons.  Here are just a few of my thoughts.

Cons:
1. A very very long flight with a two year old.  Please shoot me now.  Are you allowed to give you kid Benedryl.  Does anyone have great tips for long trips with wild children?
 2. Roxy our dog will be staying in Texas with my mom for a while.  Pets can't fly in temperatures higher than 80 degrees.  Our beloved pet will have to wait a few months to join us.
3. I will really miss my friends and family.  It is a long expensive trip but at least we have Skype to keep us connected.

Pros:
1. We love the mountains
2. We love to hike
3. Great weather - very similar to the Rockies
4. Awesome laid back culture
5. Drastic increase in my coolness points

I am sure I'll think of many more pros and cons before we leave but right now I need to go clean the bathroom and get on with my ordinary life.  Have I mentioned I'm really excited?  I am really excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home