THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vacation Review

Today we returned from our sunny southwest vacation.  Rain has saturated Virginia creating a virtual swamp and I miss the West already.  All vacations must come to an end but I miss my mom.  I miss the sun.  I miss running.  I miss free babysitting and drive through margaritas.  I miss green chili but truthfully I'm so glad to be home.

I love our little house.  I love our little neighborhood.  I love watching my son act completely thrilled by the sight of his own room.  I love our normal routine but most of all I love my husband. 

Jess and I enjoyed every minute of our kid-free Taos ski vacation.  I could ramble for an hour but I might just include a few highlights instead.  First, our room had a fire place and complimentary fire starter.  I am telling you this fire starter was impressive.  A plastic dollar sized packet housed blue liquid.  You ignighted the corner of the packet and the liquid flowed like lava over the logs and caught fire.  It resulted in an instant inferno and my love of disaster and fire was instantly thrilled.  I considered combining multiple fire starters at once or perhaps stealing fire starter packets and creating alternate explosives.  Eventually the fire mellowed into a warm, crackling romantic conflagration and provided the perfect ambiance.

Secondly, the cuisine didn't fail to impress.  As luck would have it our vacation, coincided with Taos restaurant week.  Northern New Mexican cuisine ranks among my favorite and we ate mountains of it at rock bottom prices. I didn't have to cook a single thing all weekend.

Finally, we had a blast skiing.  I have skied a good bit but still consider myself a novice.  Taos Ski Valley has some of the steepest terrain I have ever seen.  Even the easy runs seemed extremely difficult.  My husband displayed the utmost patience.  At one point I fell and laid splayed out on the mountain.  The ski patrol drove by and asked if I was injured and needed a ride down the mountain.  I replied, "Has anyone ever asked for a ride because they're terrified?"  Jess watched my melodramatic dialogue and continued to encourage me.  I put my skis back out and made it down the hill without further incident.  At the end of the day Jess didn't groan about his wimpy wife.  Instead he said he was incredibly proud that despite my fear I kept skiing.  I think that proves true love.  Instead of remembering the worst Jess determined to acknowledge the accomplishment.  I learn so much from him every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home