THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Big Five

Today Jess and I are celebrating our five year anniversary.  I know everyone says this but, "man did that go by fast!"  Its been a great five years.  Some days and months were really hard but overall its been a great five years.  We've been married half a decade!

To celebrate our friend Jayna is babysitting tonight and Jess and I are going out to hear live bluegrass music.  We going to buy a couple of drinks and soak up some great music for free at the Tiffany Tavern.  If I'm really lucky and its warm enough we'll go on a walk by the Potomac River holding hands.

While I'm looking forward to tonight I'm most excited about our upcoming trip.  We are flying to Texas and I've already checked the weather.  I'll be leaving 40 degree northern Virginia weather and working on my tan in 80 degree Texas weather.  I plan to go running every day and spend my afternoons at the park.  I might even go through the drive through margarita line.  Can you believe they sell margaritas at a drive through?  You have to love Texas.

Texas will be sunny and fun but wait things get even better.  Jess surprised me.  He is taking me on a 4 day, kid free trip to the mountains.  It is going to be romantic and awesome.  We are going to sleep in late and eat at  restaurants that don't feature kids' menus.  I think we might even hang out at the hot tub.  I am so excited I can hardly wait!  Of course all of this was made possible by a cadre of friends and family.  I'll specifically thank my mom and good friend Leigh who are watching JAC while we're having fun.

Happy Anniversary Jess!  I can't wait for five more years of surprises and adventures.

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Where are you guys going to the mountains? Sounds like it will be a great getaway. Happy Anniversary!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home