THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rock Art

On Thursday I was absolutely beat.  I felt like a walking zombie and decided to break my golden rule.  I put JAC in his room for a nap and went upstairs to lie down on the couch.  As a rule I refuse to let myself sleep unless I know JAC is sleeping too.  I've learned the hard way that JAC gets into mischief when he's in his room supposedly napping and I try to keep and ear open for his shenanigans.  Thursday I was just too tired to care.  Within minutes I was out cold and snoring.

When I awoke I took a quick shower and feeling refreshed went to release my wild child from his bedroom jail. I could hear him making happy sounds and didn't feel too guilty about my nap. I opened his room door and JAC was overjoyed to see me. He hopped across his bed and gave me a big hug. I relished the hug for a few seconds and then mid embraced glanced around his room. It was a complete wreck - of virtual disaster zone of chaos. The crowning element of this destruction was his bedroom wall. While I napped JAC found a black crayon and went to work. I didn't even know we owned crayons. He colored 2/3 of a whole wall black. His ambitious scribbling will likely only be removed with a few coats of paint. JAC was completely proud. Now every night before bed he want to show us his art wall. Let's hope his future medium will be oil on canvas.

Friday I took Roxy and JAC on a late afternoon walk. I was surprised when JAC wanted to walk instead of riding in his toy car but it was nice to stroll around the neighborhood holding his little hand. We made a stop at the fire station to look at the fire trucks. A nice fire fighter let us in the garage for a personal tour of the engines. JAC as thrilled. Roxy was terrified. Later we continued on our walk and JAC found a rock he was completely enamored with. It was white and sparkly. I taught JAC how to put it in his pocket. A few steps later JAC found another similar rock. Eventually we were stopping every two feet to pick up rocks and I realized they were not rocks at all. JAC was picking up pieces of rock salt left on the road from last week's storm. I glanced ahead and realized the entire route was speckled with rock salt and I think JAC tried to pick up every piece of it. Our walk took an extra thirty minutes but JAC was absolutely thrilled to return home with his pockets full, bulging with chunks of rock salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home