THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Saturday with the Connellys

My toes are numb because I tied my shoes too tight and I'm sitting here listening to JAC boss his toys around.  He does this every nap time and I listen to him through his closed door.  Today he is alternating between telling the toys, "NO!" and "TV Off."  Sometimes when I listen to him I wonder if I am really bossy all of the time.

Saturday we took a quick family adventure to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  We had planned on it being a long adventure culminating in a trip to the IMAX theater. The metro ride into town was pleasant.  JAC loved riding the train and was thrilled when we stopped at his favorite metro stop.

The museum was very busy but we braved the crowds and pushed our way to the dinosaur exhibit.  JAC was in complete awe.  I really believe that God made dinosaurs for the wonder of small children and JAC stayed right with his dad as Jess explained the elements of the exhibit.

After viewing the dinosaur exhibit things quickly headed south.  JAC had not napped and quickly grew cranky and discontent.  We decided to head home but first stopped and to watch the elevator go up and down for ten minutes.  I think the elevator might have been JAC's favorite part.

We rode the train home and the minute I locked JAC into his car seat and started the car he fell asleep.  It was a very short adventure but it was an important adventure.  Jess has been studying almost every free moment lately.  I have missed our adventures and while this adventure was short it was great to go do something fun on a weekend again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home