THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I Like About Monday

Monday is the day I clean the house.  The house is always disgusting after the weekend and on Monday I start scrubbing.  By all accounts in my former life I was a complete slob.  I don't try to deny it.  Now that I rarely leave my house and frequently fail to think of anything interesting to talk about other than my kid I have become a neurotic house cleaner.  I'll start on the floors only to find the baseboards compellingly dirty.  By the time the baseboards are clean I can't stand the sight of the sink and have to scrub that too.  By the time I am finished I'm thoroughly exhausted and the house smells saturated in cleaning fluids.  I love the deep satisfaction I feel after cleaning the house.

Lately I have grown to hate play dough. JAC wants to play with the play dough every day and most days I oblige. It is one of my more favorite kid activities. Our play dough has formed into a giant gray ball after hours of use. We store it in a plastic bag not bothering to sort it into separate colored containers. We don't have multiple colors. We have the glob.

Due to frequent use our play dough is drying on the edges. It frays off and leaves play dough bits all over my kitchen floor. There is no remedy and the problem only grows more annoying as people and the dog drag the play dough pebbles throughout the house.

Potty training inspired me to start scrubbing the bathroom daily. Something about seeing a child-sized, frog-shaped potty in the middle of our bathroom makes my skin crawl and I desperately search for the disinfectant. Today I complained to Jess that now I was not only forced to scrub the bathroom daily but the play dough forced me to sweep and mop the kitchen every day too. He was not sympathetic. My husband is a natural problem solver. He simply smiled and suggested we start playing with the play dough in the bathroom instead. Ug! I can't help but love that man.

1 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous Jill H said...

It sounds like you are ready for some fresh playdough in a new color. Here's a link to several homemade recipes:

http://www.creativekidsathome.com/activities/activity_8.html#Cooked%20%28baking%20soda%20and%20corn%20starch%29

They *might* be easier to clean up and they are pretty cheap to make. The first one is very similar to what my mom made on occasion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home