THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rock On

I'm have a rockin' day for three reasons.  First the temperatures peaked at over forty.  I never knew I would celebrate a high of 45.  Also, I believe I'm starting to root for global warming.  I prefer a hot planet.  I just got back from a great run with JAC.  I swear the whole world seems happier, brighter and just plain wonderful when it doesn't resemble/feel like an ice cube.

In a mere half hour I'm going to "Stroller Happy Hour" at our neighborhood wine bar.  This is a new phenomenon in urban parenting.  Local bars host early happy hours for neighborhood moms.  Who needs a cheap drink more than a stay at home mom?  Perhaps I should not write that.  We're meeting another neighborhood mom and her infant and strolling down to the main drag.  I might have two glasses of wine because I don't have to drive.

Finally, I just found out chicken enchiladas are on the menu for tonight.  Every Wednesday a family from church hosts a large dinner.  The food is better than Thanksgiving and this week they're making my favorite.  Awesome.  I hope your day is rocking too!

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Oh yes! My three? 1) My children slept ALL NIGHT LONG 2) I got to grocery shop by myself 3) I'm trying a new fancy recipe tonight that I am hoping my sweet man will love.... thanks for sharing about your rockin' day. Enjoy that glass of wine!!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

This glass of wine was great. It was remarkable how many babies were there! Leigh, I'm so glad you have three great things too. I love to think about you having a good day and I want to know about your fancy recipe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home