THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Goodnight

My husband is reading the dinosaur book and I'm nursing a sore thumb. I spent the whole afternoon dismantling a crib one bolt at a time. After such and endeavor I know one thing for sure. I hate Allen Wrenches. Twisting and turning that twig of metal bruised my thumb.

The Dinosaur book is part of the bed time ritual but tonight is different. JAC is sleeping on his first full sized bed. Seeing him sit centered on the collection of springs and matting, I can't help but think of Huck Finn navigating his raft down the Mississippi.

JAC and I worked furiously to first take apart the guest bed and then take apart his crib. As I turned screws JAC would follow behind inspecting my work and inserting whatever tool I left behind into the holes. He watched curiously while I lugged the mattress and box springs down stairs. He only whimpered a little as he watched his crib tumble apart.

He took his first nap in the new bed this afternoon and he didn't act like anything was amiss. My fear of him jumping in and out of bed seems to be unfounded. Tonight when we tucked him in he repeated back to us, "Big boy bed." I know I should be sad that we have taken this new step but it somehow seems like perfect timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home